This institution, NW Islamic School, is an effort that offers a hand in fulfilling community responsibility. Not only we offer our students basic knowledge about Islam, its foundation/ fundamentals, and its history but we try to relate it to the modern practical world….. And last but not least the reasons to have a loving relationship with Allah.
The core subjects of our curriculum are Islamic studies & Quran.
We use Book “Islamic studies” from weekend learning series by Mansur Ahmad & Hussain A Nuri
- Our Curriculum contains broad aspect of Islam based on Quran and authentic Hadith.
- It includes everything that Muslim student growing up in the west would ideally need to know.
- It mainly includes learning series of topics as follows:
- Knowing Allah (swt) – Who is our Creator, the Most-Merciful, Most-Rewarding, What does Allah wants us to do?
- Messengers of Islam – Kindness of Rasulullah (s.a.w), first revelation, Hijrat to Madinah, Musa (a.s) life and achievements, Isa (a.s) & Maryam (a.s), Khalil-ul-Allah – Ibrahim (a.s) love for Allah (swt)
- Companions of Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) – Bilal ibn Rabah, Zaid ibn Harithah, Compilation of Hadith
- Prominent Muslimah’s – Khadijah r.a. finest example of a committed wife, Aishah r.a. The beloved wife of Rasulullah s.a.w, Fatimah r.a. Lady of the Light
- Rightly guided Khalifa’s – Qualities of Khalifa’s and their achievements
- Fundamentals of Deen – Salat, Shahadah, Taqwa, Fasting, Zakat, Hajj
- Developing Islamic Values – Kindness, Forgiveness, Good deeds, Perseverance, Punctuality, truthfulness
- Knowledge Enrichment – The awakening Al-Qiyamah, Ruh & Nufs, The Angels and the Jinns, Shaitan- the invisible enemy
- Books: We use Weekend Learning Series book by Mansur Ahmad and Husain A. Nuri. We use books from Level KG – Level 8
- Homework: The Homework promotes critical thinking. Our books are followed by a wide variety of homework. Sometimes student is asked to consult Quran, which develops a habit of using Quran as guidance reference.
Over the course of the year, students will continue their journeys of Islamic discovery and exploration, building on their knowledge from previous years and learning about Islamic values, history, and jurisprudence. Using the Level 6 Islamic Studies Weekend Learning Series, authored by Mansur Ahmad and Husain A. Nuri, students in Grade 6 will cover the following units: The Creator, The Qur’ān and Hadith, Fundamentals in Dean, Messengers of Islam, Prominent Muslimas, Islamic Knowledge Enrichment, Islam and Society, and Developing Islamic Values.